meeplemaiden

meeplemaiden

The Shadow Of The Wind
Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Die vierte Zeugin
Ulf Schiewe, Tanja Kinkel, Alf Leue, Caren Benedikt, Marlene Klaus, Katrin Burseg, Heike Koschyk, Oliver Pötzsch, Martina André, Lena Falkenhagen, Titus Müller, Peter Prange
Progress: 74/408 pages
Elizabeth's Rival: The Tumultuous Life of the Countess of Leicester: The Romance and Conspiracy that Threatened Queen Elizabeth's Court
Nicola Tallis
Progress: 106/352 pages

Only People with Small Books Say Size Doesn't Matter.

— feeling evil grin

How do you guys feel about reading BIG books? I know a lot of people find them intimidating but I love the prospect of tucking in to a really fat book and getting lost in it. I have read a few this year:

Sarum - Edward Rutherfurd  clocks in at over 1000 pages, I believe.A favourite of mine and one which I have read multiple times

Seveneves - Neal Stephenson almost 900 pages. Also a favourite and I have read it twice.

Gnomon - Nick Harkaway nearly 700 pages. Not a favourite but I would read the author again and

Ultima - Stephen Baxter at 550 pages.

In addition I have just bought

Pandora's Star - Peter F. Hamilton which clocks in at 1151 pages and I hope to get to really soon.

Aside from these biggies I like to read books that have at least 300 pages or I feel a little cheated. Yes, I do agree, that is entirely the wrong attitude but it is hard to shake. So what do people in general think? What is a big book to you?