meeplemaiden

meeplemaiden

The Favourite: The Life of Sarah Churchill and the History Behind the Major Motion Picture
Ophelia Field
Progress: 38/571 pages
Doctor Who: Scratchman: 4th Doctor Novel
Macmillan Digital Audio, David Baker, David Baker
When Christ and His Saints Slept (Eleanor of Aquitaine Trilogy 1)
Sharon Penman
Progress: 132/928 pages
Amberlough (The Amberlough Dossier #1)
Lara Elena Donnelly
Progress: 216/1272 pages

I Feel Stupid

— feeling beat brick
Gnomon - Nick Harkaway

This book definately belongs on the same shelf as Vellum, Splinter and Fairyland for me. The shelf should be titled 'Books I Just Don't Get'. I don't think of myself as being particularly dumb but this one went WAY over my head!. I can follow the very basic plot of the book but the meat of the story was just strange. Never mind. I would like to try another of the author's books but that probably won't be anytime soon.

A week later...

Right, so, I've revised my rating for the book because I have had time to think about it and understand what it was that bothered me. I understood the plot and the coming-together at the end, in other words, the basic storyline, which was really good. What I didn't get was the significance of the individuals' stories inside of Diana Hunter's head. I understood the overall significance of the individual characters themselves as part of the whole but their stories threw me. Maybe, I will reread it one day, now that I know what to expect and it will make more sense to me.