meeplemaiden

meeplemaiden

Italian Short Stories For Beginners: 8 Unconventional Short Stories to Grow Your Vocabulary and Learn Italian the Fun Way!
Olly Richards
The Lost Worlds of 2001
Arthur C. Clarke
Progress: 18/240 pages

July Wrap Up and Reading Challenge Update

Not so many books read in July but I managed to fulfil my criteria! This was the first month ever, I think. So my first book was in German (only my second for the year, naughty me), the recently published AchtNacht by Sebastian Fitzek. This is a story about a man and a woman who suddenly find themselves outlawed for one night and anyone is entitled to abduct, maim, torture or kill them but surprise, surprise, all is not as it seems.

AchtNacht: Thriller - Sebastian Fitzek

My non-fiction choice for July was Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. It doesn't have many similarities to the Netflix series but it was an interesting insider view of a minimum security women's prison.

Orange Is the new black : My time in a women's prison - Piper Kerman

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky was my classic for this month. It was my first Russian classic ever and I enjoyed it enough to want to read more.

Crime And Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Just for fun I read Paul McAuley's Something Coming Through and Fingersmith by Sarah Waters.

Something Coming Through - Paul McAuley

Fingersmith - Sarah Waters

I have also almost finished Into Everywhere, the sequel to Something Coming Through but with 100 pages and just 20 minutes to go until midnight I am not going to finish it in July.

So, altogether, I am 13 books ahead of schedule but 5 German, 4 classic and 1 non-fiction book behind.