meeplemaiden

meeplemaiden

The Shadow Of The Wind
Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Die vierte Zeugin
Ulf Schiewe, Tanja Kinkel, Alf Leue, Caren Benedikt, Marlene Klaus, Katrin Burseg, Heike Koschyk, Oliver Pötzsch, Martina André, Lena Falkenhagen, Titus Müller, Peter Prange
Progress: 74/408 pages
Elizabeth's Rival: The Tumultuous Life of the Countess of Leicester: The Romance and Conspiracy that Threatened Queen Elizabeth's Court
Nicola Tallis
Progress: 106/352 pages

July Wrap Up and Reading Challenge Update

Not so many books read in July but I managed to fulfil my criteria! This was the first month ever, I think. So my first book was in German (only my second for the year, naughty me), the recently published AchtNacht by Sebastian Fitzek. This is a story about a man and a woman who suddenly find themselves outlawed for one night and anyone is entitled to abduct, maim, torture or kill them but surprise, surprise, all is not as it seems.

AchtNacht: Thriller - Sebastian Fitzek

My non-fiction choice for July was Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. It doesn't have many similarities to the Netflix series but it was an interesting insider view of a minimum security women's prison.

Orange Is the new black : My time in a women's prison - Piper Kerman

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky was my classic for this month. It was my first Russian classic ever and I enjoyed it enough to want to read more.

Crime And Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Just for fun I read Paul McAuley's Something Coming Through and Fingersmith by Sarah Waters.

Something Coming Through - Paul McAuley

Fingersmith - Sarah Waters

I have also almost finished Into Everywhere, the sequel to Something Coming Through but with 100 pages and just 20 minutes to go until midnight I am not going to finish it in July.

So, altogether, I am 13 books ahead of schedule but 5 German, 4 classic and 1 non-fiction book behind.