meeplemaiden

meeplemaiden

The Witches: Salem, 1692
Stacy Schiff
Progress: 32/496 pages
Italian Short Stories For Beginners: 8 Unconventional Short Stories to Grow Your Vocabulary and Learn Italian the Fun Way!
Olly Richards
Progress: 38/239 pages
33 A.D. (Bachiyr Book 1)
David McAfee
Progress: 10 %

My updated challenge.

The Wonder - Emma Donoghue The Railway Man - Eric Lomax

As I have absolutely hammered my reading challenge this year (I know, 60 books aren't that many but hey, who's counting? Oh yes, I am) I thought I would end on a challenge I have set myself before and failed miserably at, at the first hurdle. So, for the last two months of the year, I want to read one classic, one non-fiction, one German and one just-for-the-heck-of-it book each month. It shouldn't be too hard and, if I manage to do it, it should put me in the mood to continue the same challenge next year. So, here goes...

November's just-for-the-heck-of-it title is Emma Donoghues "The Wonder". I had to read it first as I borrowed it from the library and it was rapidly approaching its return date.

My non-fiction title is "The Railway Man" by Eric Lomax. I stumbled across it while browsing the library so I thought, why not? It's probably not my usual kind of non-fiction read but horizons need broadening.

Update 12/11/2016: Finished my non-fiction read and gave it five stars. It was slow going at first but once I got in to it I couldn't put it down. To live so long with the mental pain and finally to be able to forgive after 50 years was incredible, I was snivelling by the end. Eric Lomax was a true hero. Now it's on to pastures less harrowing I think. German or classic?